Let’s see why or why not. Riverside Logistics a third-party logistics company (3PL) has considerable buying power in the freight markets for Less-Than-Truckload (LTL), Parcel and Truckload. We also have a significant presence in the Richmond, VA market handling local container drayage, warehouse and plant shuttles and short-haul dedicated moves. We have a strong local following of carriers. We also have a broad portfolio of LTL carriers that can be applied to any Origin/Destination set.
But we are not an omni-budsman (handle anything) Third Party Logistics Company (3pl). Although we’d like to think that we are very good at what we do, we are not one-size fits all 3PL. If you meet most or all of the following criteria, then you are a great candidate for a partnership with Riverside Logistics. If not, then maybe it’s better to just be friends and move on.
- If your company or your branch revenue is between $5 and $100 million in yearly sales.
- If you really don’t have a transportation department per se.
- If the decision-making is done locally not centrally when the company has more than one location.
- If you need both Richmond-based warehousing AND transportation management to go with it.
- If your freight spend for all modes of transport is between $150,000 and $3 million annually.
- If you use a consolidator like FedEx or UPS to handle all your LTL and parcel and (even) your FTL moves.
- If you have no technology platform to tender, route, cost, or track LTL or parcel shipments.
- If you can’t create a digital Bill of Landing (BOL) that ties orders to carriers and provides a full data set.
These criteria are benchmarks. We have found in the 25 years we’ve been in business, that companies who “fit” the above criteria do very well in partnership with us. Our overall book of business includes smaller and larger companies, so the above would not exclude you from being a candidate to work with Riverside. However, the above is definitely a “sweet spot” we found that works well. We do business with a lot of different clients with assorted wants and needs. There is no standard way of doing business, but rather key processes that work well across the demands for transportation and warehousing. We customize our solutions to meet the client’s needs and incorporate technological solutions to provide timely and effective answers for their daily transportation challenges.
How does technology fit into the equation? In the good old days manual routing guides were used by and for clients to handle their LTL and parcel shipments. Today Riverside has a robust technology platform that allows client’s to do their own routings. They can electronically tender, track and trace, cost, (and even pay invoices) using this system. It also allows for reporting and research of the data elements attached to each move over the life span of use. It’s a powerful tool that allows the data to be used timely and effectively on either a daily (short term) or long-term basis.
In today’s fast paced world having data is important; but having an experienced team to help you analyze, find efficiency’s and make decisions to add value is a strategic advantage. Supply chains have been disrupted and now more than ever the team of experienced people at Riverside Logistics may be able to help you navigate the faster pace of change. If you would like to talk to one of our representatives please call us at …804-747-7700 Option 4 or fill out a quote form online.